Shantell Barnes Received a SLU Spark!

Congratulations to Shantell Barnes, Registrar, who received a SLU Spark! Shantell was recognized by Sally Schade, School of Nursing, for pursuing excellence.

"I am the secretary for the ABSN program. One of my students did not have enough hours articulated into her record. Resulting in a required financial aid hold by financial services. It happens. I articulated hours for her based on 2 transcripts - one US transcript, one international (Wes) transcript. Somehow the articulation didn't take. Shantell called me to coordinate our efforts. She cleared the record out completely and started over to get all the hours articulated. There should be enough hours for the finance hold to be removed, but she is also making the effort to meet with financial aid to confirm that. And she is also going to chase down what happened to the articulation I sent. HUGE help for me and most importantly the student."