Sharilyn Bazile Received a SLU Spark!

Congratulations to Sharilyn Bazile, Political Science, who received a SLU Spark! Sharilyn was recognized by Emmanuel Uwalaka, Political Science, for selflessly serving others. 

"I have  never observed Sharilyn Bazile wear any frown when asked by anybody for help beyond her workload as the department's administrative assistant. On August 14 I was moved by her usual selflessness, dedication, and attitude to work, when I arrived to our building around 8:00 am to start cleaning my office after a summer construction work. Sharilyn was already on the floor helping an ITS representative. I saw her carry bookcases from one office to mine to make room for a new occupant. I said, "no Sharilyn, you shouldn't be doing this!" She said, its okay, I can help. I took that over from her. She went from one office to another with lysol disinfectant cleaning desks and chairs.I was inspired by her. I borrowed the disinfectant and thoroughly cleaned my office. This was, indeed, the art of 'selfless mentoring'."